Originally Posted At: http://weblogs.asp.net/alex_papadimoulis/archive/2004/05/21/136890.aspx

Yesterday, we learned that sarcasm is officially dead. Oy. So today, let me disclaim by saying that I am not actually advocating this as a good practice. Just trying to toss in a little humor. And also, let me applogize already for having a weak example today, been too busy to dig for some real gems. And with out further ado, your Daily Cup of WTF:

Now I for one can't seem to fathom why the folks at Microsoft that engineered the framework did not think to include this as a core function. Honestly, how else are you supposed to know if an expression is true or false. See how ambiguous and confusing this is:

If myDocument.IsActive Then DoStuff()

I'm completely lost. WTF does that line of code do? Now lets see how it looks when we employ best practices and the the IsTrue function:

If IsTrue( objInstanceOfDocument.blnDocumentPropertyIsActive ) Then fn_DoStuff()

Crystal. Clarity.

Some more ado ... Fellow blogger brady gaster suggested I start a separate blog where we all submit ideas. I did the first step, and registered TheDailyWTF.com. Any ideas on a good way to configure .TEXT for it?

[Advertisement] BuildMaster allows you to create a self-service release management platform that allows different teams to manage their applications. Explore how!